Shetland Wool Week Annual 2022
The Shetland Wool Week Annual 2022, volume eight, is a bright and beautiful celebration of Shetland’s textiles, creativity, heritage and wool.
This bumper edition is brought to life with breath-taking photography taken on location in the ancient capital of Shetland, the colourful village of Scalloway.
Discover vivid Fair Isle patterns, Norwegian motifs, and designs inspired by the sea breeze and luminous light of our ocean-encircled islands. An exciting addition is the inclusion of our heritage patterns: working with the Unst Heritage Centre, Shetland Museum and Donna Smith, we have revived and reinterpreted two distinctly different vintage garments for today’s knitter. We also have two articles to accompany each of these patterns.
Features this year include glorious illustrations of a miscellany of dressing boards from the Museum’s collection, a close look at the sample pages of the Shetland Tweed archive collection, and a peek at life behind the scenes for herdswoman, Anne Doull.
- SWW 2022 Patron Linda Shearer's ‘Bonnie Isle Hat’
- Donna Smith's 'Jemima's Jumper and Cowl’
- Mati Ventrillon's 'Moosidales Hat'
- Kathleen Anderson's 'Da Palm Beach Mitts'
- Hazel Laurenson's 'Merran's Cardigan'
- Alison Rendall's 'Stjarna Smucks'
- Edina Szeles' 'Seaweed Scarf' (weaving pattern)
- Wilma Malcolmson's ‘Ripple Wristlets’
- Elizabeth Johnston's 'Sea Breeze Cardigan'
- Rachel Hunter's 'Ristie Poncho'
- Ella Gordon's 'Sunbeam Dog Coat'
- Linda Shearer's 'Nesbyen Socks'
In addition to the two Heritage Pattern Features:
- Blocking Boards - The Art of Dressing Well - Carol Christiansen
- A Design Aesthetic - Shetland Tweed, to Paris and Beyond - Dr Sarah Dearlove.
- The Shetland Herdswoman - Janette Budge
Printed on FSC stock.
256 x 204mm