Shetland Wool Week Annual 2019
The Shetland Wool Week Annual 2019, Volume Five is bigger than ever in celebration of our tenth festival and Shetland sheep!
*Please note there are two shipping options available:
- Either select 'Post & Packaging' to have your annual sent to your shipping address from the first day of Shetland Wool Week 2019 (28th September) or
- Select 'Click & Collect' to collect your annual in person at the SWW hub in Shetland Museum & Archives, Lerwick, between 28th September and 6th October.*
Packed with 16 exclusive patterns which include beautiful contributions from many of our former SWW Patrons, as well as from Shetland designers, and others, who have supported and been involved with the event over the years. The collection is broad and explores a range of a different knitting techniques with projects of varying size and ability, and for the first time, we have included crochet and weaving too. It is a true collector’s item.
16 designs inspired by Shetland are included: Oliver Henry, Roadside Beanie; Linda Shearer, Bonhoga Cardigan; Wilma Malcolmson, Stavaness Toorie; Ella Gordon, Mattie Yoke; Hilly van der Sluis, Shetland Meets Bohus Mittens; Gudrun Johnston, Burrafirth Shawl; Marie Wallin, Orla Jumper; Outi Kater, Kahvi Coffee Cosy; Anne Eunson, Da Muckle Ayre Stole; Wilma Malcolmson, Seaweed Slipover; Felicity Ford, Shetland Muse Hat; Donna Smith, Nancy’s Gloves; Hadewych van der Werf, St Ninian’s Isle Cowl; Emma Geddes, Creely Cushion; Elizabeth Johnston, Mary’s Shawl; Hazel Tindall, Hoosiefield Gloves.
There are five features included:
- Felicity Ford, Celebrating Shetland Wool Week Hats and the Knitters who Make Them
- Mati Ventrillon, A Personal Journey into the Art of Fair Isle Knitting
- Bunchy Casey, A Shetland Dye Garden
- Vivian Ross-Smith, Wool in My Hands
- Ronnie Eunson, The Native Shetland Sheep of Shetland
Produced in Shetland and printed in the UK.